Thursday, October 14, 2004

Breaking The Habit

Probably one of the most influencial and inspirational songs I have come to listen to in my entire life. This song, performed by Linkin Park, has such powerful lyrics and is presented in a way to make you feel the desparation in the beginning, keeping the tension throughout the song, then end with the solution.

It sure was enough to make me change. It put somethings in my life into a perspective that I rarely would view upon myself. I was realizing things that I never really gave much thought. Such as why I act the way I do, but still feel inhibited. Maybe even contributing to why I'm having trouble finding myself. Recently, I discovered I act the way I do because I worry about what others may think of me. I constantly worry about what others think of me, which causes me to change certain aspects of my life so that I can "fit in", and I have pretty had enough of that. I am breaking the habit of following. I want to be myself, for myself, and not for others. The moments in which I can act without restaint and go on impulse feel so good. It's relieving and liberating, not caring what anyone else says about me. I guess I've come the point where I feel whatever others think of me isn't important enough for me to worry about so much it affects who I am.


"I don't know what's worth fighting for,

Or why I have to scream,
I don't why I instigate and say what I don't mean,
I don't how I got this way,
I know it's not alright,
So I'm Breaking The Habit tonight."

- Linkin Park

to be continued....

No comments: