Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sanctuary (Part I)

I originally was going to post sometime last week, but couldn't because I would either forget or I would choose some poor times to start a blog entry, like right before work.

Last Thursday and Friday I participated in a great field trip to Minneapolis, MN. It was for my ARTIS 311 class, which is my Issues in Contemporary Art class. It was an interesting with some very cool artwork from some well known contemporary artists within the Minneapolis area and even nationally. Weak...

I'm not saying it was an interesting trip, but I guess it was the way in which we visited the area. I have to admit though, it was quite overwhelming seeing all that artwork being displayed seeing as we don't have an art scene like that here in Iowa. Also, there were some fun times on the bus ride to and from Minneapolis, as well as the night that we stayed in a Days Inn in downtown Minniapolis. I actually discovered that I was only a block or two away from where one of my friends was living.He lives in a large apartment complex that basically houses many U of M students. Of course, he happens to attend a technical institute, but still, a very nice place to live. The campus area of Minneapolis is amazing. It sprawls throughout the city, combining a campus atmosphere with the heart of the city.

There really isn't much else to the trip, other than actually meeting some more of my classmates. I have to admit, but I'm not much of an extrovert, but that is something I am trying to work on.

Heh, I have been watching a movie and writting in this blog as the same time. So, I've pretty lost concentration all the really deep thoughts I was going to explain, but I think I'll just save that for another time.

No comments: