Sunday, May 14, 2006

That's Understandable.....?

So, I knew that I didn't do all that well with my finals, but come on. Let's just say it was quite a surprise when I finally had seen my grades....both a good surprise and a bad surprise because I ended up doing well in the classes I liked the least.....again.

What's going on? I don't get it.

As much as I just want to let it go, it's definitely something that is going to impact my career, but then again, what doesn't? I just know I'll have to really crank hard this next year and from now on. I have to admit, I wasn't exactly the ideal student this past semester.

Anyways, enough of that because that's just something I want to leave behind. In geek news, I recently picked up my 4th piece of my Valor set for my warrior for World of Warcraft. Yeah, I know, it's probably something I shouldn't really brag about, but it is something I enjoy doing and who wouldn't want to talk about something they enjoy. Mine just happens to be this game at the moment. But, I still have a long way to go, as there are still 4 more pieces to discover before I attain the entire set.

In other news, I was finally able to reset my iTunes computer authorization. All I have to say is to remember to deauthorize computers you will no longer use, or if you've formatted your hard drive, you'll want to deauthorize that installation of whatever os you're running. As of May 2, I was able to finally reset the counter and now my desktop is the only computer that is authorized to play songs I purchase from iTunes. I tell you, what a pain it was to buy songs and not be able to play them because I had already authorized the same computer 3 times and 2 other computers. It was pretty ridiculous, but I'm happy now that I can actually listen to tracks I've purchased again. I guess I'll just have to be more careful from now on. Speaking of which, I don't know how people are aware of the new HBO show "Sleeper Cell", but it has a kick ass soundtrack. I've never seen the show, but judging just from the soundtrack I'm going to guess it's a kick ass show.

My Xbox Live Diamond is here! It arrived yesterday in the mail and I'm stoked now. For those who aren't aware of what it is, it's like a special membership card for people who have subscribed to the gold status membership on Xbox Live. The card grants special discounts in over 200+ stores and outlets selling a range of products and services. From restaurants to convenience stores, this card is accepted in a lot of cool places, even to get discounts on movie tickets! It's pretty cool and I'm definitely going to milk it for all it's worth. Now if only there was anything I really needed from any of these stores.....

I guess on a last note, the new WindowsLive Messenger Beta is pretty neat. I like the redesigned interface and color scheme. It's like a gradient of blue at the top and white at the bottom. It's a very calming and inviting user interface and is super easy to use. Other than the redesign of the interface, the message alert is also something that is worth noting as a significant difference. The alert is no longer some flat ding anymore. It's much more lively and actually has a sense of space. I don't know what that is important, but I think it just adds to the overall effect and presentation of the software.

*sigh*....sorry, my geekiness got the best of me tonight :P

I'll try to do better next time. Hehe.

No comments: