Monday, March 20, 2006

"...There is an idea,..."

But with the peace always lies something deeper within.

Do you ever get that certain feeling that something is not quite right? Or maybe that something has changed? Suddenly questions of validity arise and you are lost once again. What you were so sure of before is no longer certain.

*Why am I feeling like this? Sure, it's happened before but this is different...isn't it? I hate it when I become like this. I hate thinking like this. It drives me crazy. I can't help it. The past has done so much and suddenly I feel like this. Why can't I let this go? I want to let this go. I'm not giving up. It means too much.

It is as though we do not want it to be true and we fight to deny it. With the good always comes the bad. But we are given a choice.

We always have a choice.

We are given the choice to continue to run away and deny the truth. Or, we can stay and realize and understand the truth of the situation and actually perform what needs to be done.

We must take a stand.

Stand up for what we truly believe in and let it be known. The path to the truth can be difficult, but with opposition we gain further insight within ourselves and a deeper understanding of what we truly want.

Freedom. Justice. Peace. Love.

I believe if we wait for tomorrow, we may miss the opportunity. We must deliver, and we must deliver with all of our heart. For we may never get another chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just 2 days ago, a friend of mine took the journey into the heavens and be graced by the Lord's warm heart.

I sat and thought about who she was. What was her favorite color? What's her favorite kind of music? What movies did she like? What was she really like? I asked myself thinking that I never really got to know this person and now she is gone. For all the times previous I could have asked these questions, to become a closer friend to her I didn't. Sure, she was just a friend from work, but she still had the heart to open up to me and actually shed some light in my life. She couldn't have chosen a better moment to smile and say hi. All the greetings during those tiring morning shifts and lasting midday shifts......no longer presenting themselves.

Sometimes, I wonder what it's like to die. The feeling that would be coursing through me the moment my life ends. The moment of transition when nothing will ever be the same again. Yet, I am just one person in this world.

But so was she. And she wasn't just another person.

We may forget the physical person being there, but we will never forget who the person was.

Rest in peace, my friend.

No comments: